Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Wishing Upon a Tear


An invisible world 
Opens itself out to me
As if sharing a secret
When you smile;
That universe behind deep brown eyes
Waits, begs to disappear–
But 
I see you.
Like dry twigs that break under quick footsteps,
I see your heart break
With a resounding sound
that echoes in those tears
Transparent as dew
But not as pure:
For all your sufferings,
I offer a smile;
My hand is yours to hold
When you're scared at night
(Or during the cold winter day);
When you look up at the bright sky
And sigh with discontent,
I will shed some rainbow light on you
All in a blink;
Wish it away, if you want
But reluctantly, it will bring a smile to your frowning face.
Do you know?
You knit your eyebrows close together
When someone hurts you?
I saw, and disappeared 
Only to reappear as a soothing balm
Fragrant with a mother's love;
A bedtime story
Recited half in jest
You will find me 
In the pain behind that laugh
Yours to hold,
Yours to wish away

As quietly as your love for me
I will disappear

© Geetakshi Arora

December 24, 2013

2 comments:

  1. This is beautifully Lovely, and love-ful. I love your words so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks baby!! <3
    It was time to write something romantic and sweet
    Hopefully, this will do the trick :D

    ReplyDelete