Friday, April 26, 2013

Consolations... Or Not

In searching for words,
I found illusions;
In searching for love,
I found none;
In capturing fireflies,
I forgot they were mortal;
Butterflies can also suffocate and die.

In loving nature, I forgot what I use to write;
In dreaming,  I forgot fantasies in life;
In searching for Truth,  I found aporias instead;
In simplistic binaries,
I found gray shades.

Scaling walls so high,
I forgot to look at the view from the top

The cool wind makes my hair cover my face,
In pushing them away, i pushed you back
Come back- I wait now,
Come to me, I seek nothing anymore;
In seeking that dream,
I forgot my life;
In death, then,
Let us embrace;
Let me feel what it is to die;
Let me not hope for an afterlife

© Geetakshi Arora, April 26, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment