Saturday, June 22, 2013

Impermanent Permanence

Let's talk of things in between tonight
where black and white make gray:
A gray as beautiful as pale sunlight,
pink at dawn and purple at twilight

Let's talk about colours tonight,
with white lights in a dark room;
an hour after midnight,
the beginning of another sad day

If that is what life is to be,
then breathe it in with me,
at the count of one, two, three:
two, that magical number
of you and I

Scream.
talk to me,
wait with me,
at this juncture of disillusioned life

A prayer this may seem to be,
but it's love–
sun-kissed clouds provide simplistic imagery;
dissolved.
Lost in the wind

In a beautiful house,
made of happy dreams,
windows of lost opportunities
and a door of moments misunderstood–
I'll wait for you:
come if you will,
(Even if you don't,
I'll wait for you)

A part of you,
will always stay with me

© Geetakshi Arora, June 22, 2013

4 comments:

  1. Its true. The colors.Grey, pink, purple.I can see the windows and the doors. :) Take my like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stuti! Yeah...sadly it's true :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first para, and the third very much. There's some stunning imagery here. Made my mum read it, she's very impressed with it too. You're getting there girl. Tis is one of your better ones. Keep at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Enakshi! I am so glad she liked it also..I am trying hard to mix my imagery with that little something i seem to lack. So, for now, I mix it with what I do lack :D
    Hopefully, it will get better! :) love

    ReplyDelete