Monday, January 27, 2014

Linear Shift


Lines and dots
are matters of perspective;
Storms can be liberating
and peace deceptive;
With harsh words,
love can sometimes be expressed;
And with gentle creativeness, 
worlds can be destroyed:
It takes a word
by something powerful
to cause fires:
Bodies walk across bridges
looking relentlessly forward with vacant eyes,
yearning for something familiar,
yearning for something
to call their own:
A home (even a make-shift one),
a place to rest.
Bloodshot eyes,
gaze ahead,
quite drained of tears
from years of cumulative agony:
Safely trapped in prisons of love

© Geetakshi Arora

January 27, 2014

4 comments:

  1. I love this Geetakshi....u have a lot of depth in your writing...I am simply amazed at ur marvellous talent

    ReplyDelete
  2. By-the-by, u do know who I am right :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous- Yes!I know who you are <3

    @Neharika- Thank you so much! I am so happy you read and liked! <3

    ReplyDelete